We are Design with Miller,
At Design with Miller, we specialise in concepting, designing, developing, and maintaining Webflow websites. Our clients have used our design services to push campaigns forward and position their brand towards a stronger identity. We have helped numerous clients, teams, and agencies find their voice through creative story-telling, website development, and design.
Our design and development process emphasises
communication and collaboration.
Planning Phase & Brand Identity
Designing a website isn’t just about making a website that holds information. It’s a branding tool and the design process opens the door for a chance to really focus on creating a website that is unique and stands out. Don’t think of this just as a time to create a website, but an overall branding project. It is a perfect time to take a step back and think: “What am I about?” “What are my goals?” “What makes me different?”
First we meet and connect with you and your team to analyse what you envision for the website and plan the next steps. This phase includes:
- Organising content and identifying where information will go.
- Reviewing competitor websites to compile effective keywords for search-engine optimisation.
- Create a sitemap to get a solid foundation of exactly what information will on what page.
- Moodboard creation to brainstorm ideas and get the creative juices flowing.
Once we are on the same page, the layout begins. I will build wireframes from the information given by the sitemap. Wireframes are the skeletons of the website process. You will see how the website will be organized and how the information will all flow together. The list of key steps in this phase include:
- Establish information hierarchy.
- Organize the information into sections that flow nicely, and are easy for the visitor to follow and understand.
- Have a solid understanding of how the information will be presented.
- Develop a solid foundation for user flow with an end goal that leads to high conversion rates (potential client contacting you to set up an appointment).
In this phase you will see physical elements of the website come together. Color palettes, images, fonts, icons, and backgrounds will be created and designed in this phase. I use Figma to design all of my websites. It is a great tool for the client to see how the website comes to life in real time. This phase includes:
- Creating a solid color palette that is on brand and shown across all pages on the website.
- Finding the perfect photos that relate to the user and are on brand.
- Selecting fonts that will be used throughout the website.
- Brainstorming icon design that helps organize and visualize information.
- Putting all the design elements together into Figma to create a life-like mockup.
Development, Testing, and Maintenance
In this phase I will use the sitemap, wireframes, and mockups to develop/build out the website. I build my websites using Webflow, a powerful CMS that is completely customizable, user-friendly, and optimised. After your website is up and running I can help maintain your site at an hourly rate. This phase includes:
- New home and interior pages.
- Content Management System (CMS) creation. The creation of collection Lists for quick and easy organisation/editing.
- Optimization for ipad and mobile.
Proud to have worked
with great people.
From small businesses in need of a website to non-profits driven to help their communities, we are proud to have worked with so many great people. Below are a few businesses and agencies Design with Miller has helped build a unique brand through design and development.